Monday, August 10, 2009

July 5 - 11, 2009

July 5th
From Diana:
I hope, I think you were looking at me with a half raised eyelid. You are moving your right arm. You are yawning. She did arm & leg exercises with you.
From Jennifer:
I was really overwhelmed by all the visitors today. It was really nice seeing everyone but I think you were a little over stimulated. Your heart rate was in the 150's. By the time we left, it was down to 88.
From mom:
You bent your left leg at the knee and made my day! I was afraid you couldn't move your legs. Your still coughing up a lot of yuck from your lungs. You keep having apnea and not breathing for several seconds. I nudge you and tell you to breath. Who does that when none of us are here? No place will ever be good enough, if you wake up maybe I can take you home.
July 6th
From Diana:
Cleaned your mouth and teeth today, you yawned and looked right at me with your right eye. Your very stiff today, I can't get you to move without causing your heart to race.
From Dad:
Got good news from your physical therapy doctor today. He said we can start working all of your joints now...knees, legs, ankles, arms and shoulders. Stand by, all pain will be given with love. You opened your eyes again today.
July 7th
From Diana:
7am - You did your exercises with out stiffness. You opened your right eye again today. Your color is better and you are not running fever.
From mom:
6pm - You keep opening your right eye. You had a pool of sweat in your right ear, your running fever again.
July 8th
From Diana:
You look uncomfortable. I think you have fever. You are sweating a bunch and posturing. I can't get you to loosen up for exercises today. You are yawning a lot.
From Jennifer:
You pulled your IV out twice today. I think you might be snoring ... seriously, you've slept enough. Good grief!
From Mickey:
Came by this afternoon after work and you look very peaceful. The nurse said you have been calm. They gave you a bath and a shave. Your not coughing as much either.
July 9th
From Diana:
When I got here, you looked so uncomfortable, your moving your right arm a lot. Moving your mouth like your trying to say something. You opened your right eye but there is no focus. Both your eyes are dilated today and you have a lot of secretions. You did your arm exercises though.
From Dad:
While I was holding your hand, you opened your right eye and focused on me. I called nurse Anita over and we both talked to you. You were moving your lips and squeezing my hand the whole time. I pray that it won't be long before you wake up.
From Jackie:
Daddy, Hi! I was holding your hand and you kept squeezing it. You keep opening your right eye. I love you and I miss you.
From mom:
You are grasping with your right hand. The doctor says it is more than just reflex. You pull at your sheet and once your fingers touched the suction tube. Don't be pulling anything out tonight.
July 10th
From mom:
6am - They had to tie down your wayward right hand. You look peaceful this morning. It makes it easier to go to work. 12:30pm - You look calm and peaceful right now.
From Diana:
You are in a puddle of sweat, the fever is back.
From Jennifer:
7am - Looks like your IV slipped out or you pulled it because your leaking fluids all on your right side. I'm waiting in the family room while they get you all cleaned up. When I came back in, you turned your head in my direction. I hope it's because you knew it was me. Johnny, your daughter misses you so much! I know your trying to come back to us. We'll try to be patient. Love you little brother!
July 11th
From mom:
The doctors are giving you Ritalin. It's experimental...it's shown to help with brain injuries. Your sleeping soundly.
From Bailey:
She put lotion on your hands. She said your hands were rough...she said your definitely a man's man.
From Cody:
Hey Johnny, I came by with my friends to see you today. You were calm. I guess you were resting. I'll see you soon. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment