Tuesday, August 11, 2009

July 12 - 18, 2009

12th
From Diana:
We did arm exercises and I sang to you. The nurses told me I could be the next American Idol. Actually, she meant "Don't quit your day job." I love you.
From Jackie: You need to wake up and see how much these people love you. I really miss you!! Aunt Jennifer bought me a webkinz yesterday. I usually can't stay in your room. It's just too scary seeing you like this. Come home Daddy, Please, I need you!!
From Mickey:
Sunday afternoon, it's been almost 4 weeks. It's hard to believe it's been that long. Lots of things have changed... Jackie has Cody's old room and her and Jennifer have painted it. Cody has signed up for EMT school and starts next month along with his college classes. Speaking of Cody, he got back with Bailey. We are all happy about that. You looked calm today like you have something on your mind. I hope it is that your going to wake up.
From Jennifer:
You've been asleep for so long! Tuesday will be four weeks. I'll be turning 40 soon...are you trying to steal my thunder? You keep holding your fingers like your holding a pencil. I think your trying to write me a letter! Johnny it's hard to see you like this, I know you have so much to give, you need to wake up and start giving me a hard time. I love you little brother! XO
13th
From Mom:
You were pretend writing yesterday so we put a pen in your hand. You held it. I wonder what you were thinking. They did a CT scan today - you are waking up more and you keep your right hand going. I wish I could help you. Stopped antibiotics. Had full dose. White blood cell count is 6.7 now...was 13.
Had CT scan. Per physical therapy doctor, he is checking to see if bleeding on right lower hemisphere is old or new. Took you off blood thinner until he knows. Probably tomorrow. If old, the moving your doing is a good sign he is a solid two moving to a three. Johnny you've been given a medication to try to wake you up some. We will see you become more agitated. The more the better. If your reaching for areas of discomfort, that is good. As you progress you will become very agitated and even express some not so pretty words. Another good sign.
From Diana:
Hi Johnny, you are at Peace right now. When we came in you looked miserable. Encouraging words from the doctor. I think any thing you do is better. It is very painful to see your mom and dad worry over you so. You would be proud of them though. All that matters is you getting better. Everything else is immaterial. We are looking for a place to live. You will be here, we will be there. It's hard to think about. I wish we would have waited. We are both so sad about it. But, we are certain that everything will be ok. We can't wait to talk to you again. Love you.
14th
From Diana:
Hey! I called your name and you opened your eye. Did you mean to? I can't get you to do anything consistently, but what's new? I ask you to wiggle your thumb, you squeeze my hand. I say every one's name, you look at me. I think, I hope. I tell you about your accident, you become agitated. The PT Doctor moves your left leg easily, you don't want him to touch your right leg. You try to raise up, I think it hurt. You looked at him too. He says awake and agitated is better than asleep. I call your name a few times and you raised your eyelid and looked at me - did you? We love you.
From Jennifer:
Today is four weeks. I don't understand. I want so badly for you to wake up. I want you to hear me tell you I love you. I didn't tell you enough before your accident. Did you know? I'm taking good care of Jackie. She seems to be doing okay. She has her sad moments, usually around bed time. I took her to get her physical for 7th grade. She is 5'3.5". She's grown so much this summer. You are constantly on her mind and we pray together for you. Cody and Bailey took her to the water park today. She seemed excited about that. She adores Cody. They have a very close relationship. You'll be happy to know Cody is looking out for her. Johnny, I want you to wake up. I want to talk with you. I have so many things to tell you. I have so many questions for you. I miss you like crazy! I'm ready for you to come back to us! Mom, Dad & Diana need you to wake up. So many people love you Johnny! I love you! XO
From Mom:
They don't have a prior CT Scan here to compare yesterday's to because this is the first one they took here. They've had to request the records from Parkland...maybe tomorrow.
15th
From Diana:
I stayed home today but need to get back to work! My boss let me work from home because I wanted to see what I could do to help get your CT reports, MRI's from PMH. I had a lengthy conversation with your PT Doctor. What a great guy he is. Johnny he really has your best interests at heart. He's making some medication adjustments. He stressed the importance of us moving your limbs about in range motion. You really fight it. He is going to give you more meds for the muscle spacticity and raise your Ritalin a little. The doctor says we should orient you to person, time, date - on every visit.
From Mom:
The nurse said they may move you today to a room. Progress! They just gave you a muscle relaxer. Your BP & HR are elevated. I let you listen to Pat Green and threw in some Beach Boys. Maybe you don't like my choice of music. I love you sweetie.
From Jackie:
Daddy, I'm going to American Idol. I love you sooooo much! I wish you could go!! I'm praying for you! Love you! Bye-bye Daddy!
From Jennifer: Love you Johnny. Take care Bud! XO
From Mom:
Johnny keeps trying to move his left arm but has a large bump by his elbow. When I bent his arm he screwed his face up in pain. I'm telling the nurse this, please follow up when you visit. There are lemon glycerin swab sticks in the drawer...Johnny seems to like these.
16th
From Diana:
Good morning sweetie - you are resting very well this morning. You barely opened your right eye when I yelled your name. You don't appreciate the mouth swabs this morning either. I'm sorry for your elbow. It is definitely more swollen today. The person at the desk says x-ray will be here this morning. No one knows if they got your CT & MRI reports. What's so darn hard about looking at your chart? I love you!



From Jennifer:
Your new room is nice, you have a really nice view of the side yard that lets light come in. I know you'd much rather be outside then where you are. I took Jackie to get her hair cut, she looks really pretty and seems to love her new style. She's been working really hard on a poster for you for your birthday and we brought it tonight so you will have it tomorrow for your big day. You seem like your sleeping good - your snoring. So, Mom has decided to do your exercises...I'm thinking she thinks you've slept long enough. Love you Johnny! Enough is enough, wake up! XO
From Jackie:
Jackie says, it's too hard to see her dad like this.
From Mom:
Good news! They got the old CT scans from Parkland and compared them to the new ones. They do not see any new bleeding. The nurse said they took an x-ray but she did not know the results. I rubbed lotion on your feet and bent your knees as much as you would let me. I lifted your left arm up and down and it did not seem to bother you. Twice was all you allowed before you stiffened up. You are coughing up a lot of stuff tonight.
17th
From Bailey:
Came by with Cody again today to wish you a happy birthday. I continue to pray for you and your family every day.
From Cody:
Hey Johnny, Happy birthday! Your resting well. Love ya!
From Jennifer:
Mickey, Jackie & I came by to see you. Today is your birthday. I was really hoping you'd wake up today. I know it's not on my time. I love you Johnny.
From Mickey:
You seem very comfortable even though you have two moms and a sister fussing all over you. I hope you can see how much the three of them love you. When you wake up they will probably all three sleep for weeks.
From Jackie:
Daddy, Happy Birthday!! I love you!!
18th
From Jennifer:
Love you Johnny! I'm still praying bud! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment