Thursday, August 13, 2009

July 19 - 25, 2009

19th
From Diana:
You had your IV restarted today and you didn't flinch. Your heart rate is up and the nurses became concerned. Can you believe t hat? You are doing nothing different. Your heart rate goes up and down. Your sweating. I did your exercises but the one nurse wanted me to cool it because I think they think it's my fault your heart rate is up. Me and your dad were here on your birthday. We didn't write anything, what can you say? Not such a "happy" birthday. Everyone loves you. We are all spoiling Jackie rotten, not that she wasn't already. We miss you, we love you, we pray for your recovery. Margaret has arranged 14 masses for you. Mom, Dad, Aunt Neva, and Uncle Howard call all the time to check on you. They love you very much too. Uncle Howard has been very upset since your accident because you had recently visited with him. He spent several days going out to the accident site trying to figure out why; He still can't over it when you talk to him...the hows of it all. I was cleaning out the cabinet and found pictures. One particularly of you and Jackie looking at the camera. We were at Ashley and Ryan's wedding. Love you.
From Jennifer:
Mickey and I went to mom's today to get your truck. Cody's going to detail it for you. I know it seems like a small thing but doing anything for you feels good. It's really hard to see you like this! Jackie's doing good, it's hard on her to see you so we limit her visits. She loves you Johnny and she needs you. We all do. Love you! XO
From Mickey:
Hey Johnny, just sitting here watching your mom and sister wash your hair. You don't look too happy right now. I'm sure it will feel better when they are done. You are very lucky to have them. See ya soon.
From Mom:
Your getting your antibiotics. You'll be getting it every 6-8 hours. Your right lung is clear but your left lung still has pneumonia. I gave you a pedicure. Your feet look much better but have a long way to go. I love you!
20th
From Bailey:
Came by to see you. It's about 3:45 and your looking really good today. Your moving your hands around a lot. The nurse said your having a good day. Your always in my prayers.
From Cody:
Came by today to see you. You looked good and the nurse said you were having a good day. Love you.
From Mom:
You're sleeping - guess you got a dose of something recently. You wouldn't let me move your arms. I'll try your legs before I leave. Sure wish you would wake up! I took off a couple of days from work - I'll try to catch the doctor and therapist. I love you! I'm going home now, I'll see you in the morning.
21st
From Diana:
Hey Johnny! You opened your eye when I called your name. You seem to focus on me when I'm talking to you. Your dad says you responded the same way to him. Can we officially say your awake? When you are awake, we can begin your therapy.
From Mom:
5 weeks today...enough already! You're yawning, too much sleep maybe? They gave you something to help you wake up. Your right eye is open. You don't want to exercise. They'll give you a muscle relaxer at 2 pm. You're listening to El Divo, maybe you'll wake up speaking Spanish or Italian. 12:30 pm, Your rehab doctor came by, he's giving you a med they normally give Alzheimer patients to improve memory. He's starting a 6 hour infusion to help calcium. Will check blood twice for electrolytes. The occupational therapist is due today to discuss collar change.
From Jennifer:
Jackie and I brought you some relaxation CD's. That seems so silly, can you be anymore relaxed then you are now? Jackie hung balloons and brought you a card. She's missing her Daddy. Wake up soon little brother!
From Jackie:
Daddy, I brought you a card and I brought balloons and blew them up and put them on the wall in a heart shape. I love you and miss you! Get well soon!
22nd
From Valerie:
I keep thinking I'm going to come and visit you and your going to be sitting up in bed and planning an escape! I'm praying for you harder than I've prayed for anything or anyone! We want to see your smile. I love you more than I realized! Just read your journal and realized - I missed your birthday. I thought it was today - see, I'm still a dork! Your lung doctor came in and you opened your right eye up wide!!! Is he in your escape plan? Love you!
From Mom:
I took your boots off so your feet could rest tonight. You are coughing a lot of mucus and making a horrible face. They gave you a calcium infusion today and took a blood culture. I buffed your feet and put lotion on them. I hope that's a good thing to do. There is so little we can do to help you. You'll be moving again soon - to a skilled nursing facility. Where? We don't know yet.... I love you!!
23rd
From Jackie:
Daddy, I held your hand, you keep putting your hand up like you wanted someone to hold your hand so I held it and you squeezed. I love you so much and I'm praying for you. I'm going up to the American Idol concert today. Is 116 a good row? How about seat 11-14? I wish you were there with me. I miss you. I love you so much!!! Jackie - a.k.a. your jack-o-lantern.
From Jennifer:
Wow! You have a roommate...you opened your eye when I said your name. Do you know me? I know you hear me, but do you know it's me? I miss you so much. I was looking at some pictures of you last night, why wouldn't you ever look at the camera? I wish I had some good ones of you. I love you Johnny. Wake up soon Bud! I'm praying! XO
From Dad & Diana:
Me and your Dad are here. We saw your Mom a little while too. We miss you so much! We love you!
24th
From Jennifer:
Johnny, I don't know what's good anymore. You opened your eyes when I said your name. I prayed over your today...specifically for each part of your body. I know God is holding you in his healing hands. I know I just need to be patient. Jackie misses you! I miss you! Love you! XO
From Jackie:
Daddy, I miss you! Aunt Jennifer misses you too! I love you and want you to come home. I am praying for you every night! Get better soon! XOXOXOXOX
From Mickey:
I came by today to pick up your Jack-o-lantern. The nurses are working you over but you didn't seem to mind. Get well soon man! I'm praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment