Wednesday, August 19, 2009

August 18, 2009

Today is 9 weeks since your accident. It doesn't get any easier...it's still hard to believe this has happened to you. My questions still remain unanswered, do you know what happened to you? Are you scared?

Mom checked on you this morning and said you were sweating. She said your gown was completely wet and you had sweat pooled in your ears. I really don't like the place your in...no one does. You need acute long term care and your not in the place for that. You will be if Mom has anything to say about it. Mom and Diana went to Texas Specialty Hospital and they both seemed to like it a lot. They offer so many of the things you need to progress. For one, the ratio is two patients for every nurse. Now it's a waiting game on the insurance to approve it. We are your advocates Johnny! We will fight for you! You are so loved little brother!!

**Mickey, Robert & Uncle Charles came to visit today at lunch.
Mickey said you opened your right eye up wide and stuck your arm out like you were punching. He said you were very tense.

**Mom said that she brushed your teeth before she left for home and she told you to open your mouth and you did. I know it seems like such a small thing but we are going to celebrate them all! We are all so proud of you!

From mom:
I came by this morning and you were sweating a lot. I changed your gown and pillow cases. Tonight you are just as bad. You seem frustrated that you can't communicate. I tried the blink once for yes and twice for no game but you weren't consistent. I had to put your mitten back on - you were being a big brat. Before I put it on, you reached up and touched your mouth and chin. I love you. Goodnight! I wonder if your cold, you were always cold, even in the summer.

Psalm 34-18
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves who are crushed in spirit...
**I know we all feel broken-hearted. We hurt for Johnny, for each other. We have to stay strong for him, he needs us. We need to lean on God, He wants to help us. He wants to take our pain away so we can be productive for Johnny. Keep praying!!
God Bless!!

1 comment:

  1. Johnny,
    Hey bud whats up? We are almost ready to put in the ice. I will try to make time to see you next week. It took me a long time to come to grips with what happen. I miss talking to my boy. I changed phones and was cleaning out my apt the other day and found one of my old chargers. One I can't use becuase of the new phone. It was the one that my cat chewed up and you fixed. I was sad but happy that we have those memories together. I pray for you everyday and will try to keep up with you the best I can. I have a photo that I told your mom that I am trying to get signed. I am also working on a present for you from one of your favorite teams. I am not going to tell you until it gets done. I miss you and wait for your return. Your brother and friend. Miss you and Love you BROTHER.

    Casey Jenkins
    USMC ( Gunny says to wake up)

    ReplyDelete