Monday, November 2, 2009

November 2, 2009

Johnny,

Second verse same as the first... doesn't it feel like that sometimes.

I talked to you on the phone tonight. You said hi. I asked if you had a good day. You said yes. I asked if you had been writing. You didn't answer, just moaned. I told you I loved you and you said you love me too. Then you said bye. You were done.

Mom got on the phone next and told me that your speech therapist was bragging to your occupational therapist today at lunch that you reached across center and you were brushing your teeth.

Your occupational therapist did arm exercises with you today. Mom told her you had a sore on your elbow and that she didn't want you to have the cast on for fear that it would get worse. Your OT agreed and said they would give it some time to heal. I guess your split cast has been rubbing.

Your Physical therapist was sick today so Brian filled in. He worked your legs and then propped you on your side. You were suppose to be in the wheelchair for 3 hours today but I guess because your regular PT was out, Brian didn't feel comfortable doing it.

Mom said that you needed pain meds after your work out. Then you were sleepy.

Oh, earlier in your visit with mom, She prayed with you and at the end of the prayer, you said ahhh mon. You also were watching cartoons when mom got there but she turned off the TV because she thought it was too distracting...ha, ha!

And, that reminds me of a story....do you remember when we would get grounded from the TV and when we got home from school we would watch it anyway. Mom would get home and the TV would be warm...the gig was up! So, mom started turning the TV to face the wall and when she got home the TV would be warm ... ha, ha! So, she unplugged it and moved it all the way across the room and faced it to the wall. I guess we got the point then... Funny, I imagine almost every kid I know has a TV in their room. What do they get grounded from now...oh I know, cell phones. Boy have times changed! And I'm still a spring chicken! Oh shut up! I am too!

Love you!! xo Jen

P.S. I want to thank those of you that sent Jackie and Johnny cards. It's so sweet to see Jackie's face light up when she gets the mail. Here's the address again if you missed it. God Bless!!

Jackie Holub or Johnny Holub
c/o Jennifer Smith
6050 Crest Drive
Midlothian, Texas 76065

No comments:

Post a Comment