Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November 17, 2009

Johnny,

Well, Everything looks bright and new in the morning!!! Johnny is scheduled for surgery!!! Praise God!

Mary Shiels Hospital
3515 Howell Street
Dallas, TX 75204

Tuesday - November 24th
9:30 am (lasting 2-3 hours)

After surgery, Johnny will be taken back to Traymore where the pump will be regulated. Once that is done, he will be able to go back to Baylor Rehab and start working on his future!! Praise God, Praise God!!

Thank you everyone for the prayers...

Hear my prayer, O Lord; listen to my cry for mercy. In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me. Psalm 86:6-7



***Something else wonderful that happened...Johnny's speech therapist told mom that the state will pay for Johnny to have a touch screen laptop if they feel like he will benefit from it. They will send someone out to evaluate him and then get him set up with one. Isn't that wonderful! He will be able to communicate with us just by touching a screen. We will know for sure his hurts, discomforts, what he needs or wants. I'm thrilled! It's amazing to me how much is available for patients in Johnny's condition...they just don't share the information. I am really pushing my mom (who is an excellent writer) to put together a book or pamphlet with information we've compiled to help others with TBI.

Mom brought you some mashed potatoes and you ate them. She said that you started to fall asleep so she put the potatoes up. You woke up and you kept saying "I", "I", mom said can you spell what your trying to say for me. You said "yes". You spelled "I want to eat". So, no big surprise...she gave you more!

Love you! xo Jen

P.S. This reminds me of when you were little and you would sit in your highchair and bang on the table "una eat", "una eat".....you would say it over and over until you had upset yourself and Mom could never feed you quick enough. By the time she got to you with your food, you were so mad you would sling it off into the floor! Mom said years later she wonders why she didn't just tide you over with a cookie while she made your dinner... ha!

Email:
Hi Jennifer, I finally found your e mail address, I have been following you blog , What a great love you have for your Johnny, I have started my own crusaide of Prayer groups for him, lots of my friends are following the Blog, and we all are sending prayers.
I spend a lot of time reading and crying with you, I admire you a lot.
God Bless you all my Dear.
Jan

I remembered something I wanted to say to you. You mentioned your Mother writing a book to help others, Jennifer, I think you have already done that, your Blog, is simply remarkable, and it will be a testimony to others, you need to do what ever it takes to turn it into a book.
It is the most honest, loving thing I have ever read.
God Bless,
Jan

From Valerie:
AWESOME...FINALLY...SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment