Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 16, 2009

Johnny,

I've been bummed all day. I know that my state of mind is nothing compared to what your going through. I just wish there was more I could do. I've been praying for you all day...I hadn't heard the phone ring so by 1pm I checked my phone to see why mom hadn't given me an update and I saw I had a missed call from her. I called her and she said that she had sent me an update email because she couldn't get me on the phone. Can't say the lady doesn't try! Ha! Anyway, here's her email:

I got there early - 10:30 - he was already in the chair - Julie was there with him. She said he had moved his foot in a circle on command. They had given him a warm soapy wash rag and he washed and dried his face and hands. She fed him ice chips - he chewed and swallowed. He held his head up enough that his O2 was good. She put the speaking valve on his trach and he said Ahhhh, Eeeee, Ball. He played catch with me - more like he threw the ball and I fetched it! We tried to get him to say ball before I gave him the ball - he refused but took the ball from me by force - then he grinned! Maybe the little devil tattoo is more appropriate than we think. Mom


**me again**
Johnny has always been like driving a pig. If you want him to go left, he goes right. To say he's stubborn is an understatement. That's probably why he survived the accident and he's still with us today, he's stubborn. Praise God for that!

As I read mom's email, I just cried...God heard my prayers. He gave Johnny a voice.
The things we take for granted! Nothing is too big for God. He wants to hear our desires, our needs, our wants.

Luke 11:9-10
And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

How awesome is that? God wants to hear from us, and if it's His will, He wants nothing more then to make us happy and give us what we desire. Please don't stop praying for Johnny.

Mark 11:22
Have faith in God.

When I'm feeling like there is no hope or depressed about your progress, it would be so easy to forget that God loves you every bit as much as your family and more. It would be easy to think how sad this is that your going through this alone, but your not, are you? You are resting in the healing hands of your savior. I'm so thankful! And, he created you, he loves you, he knew before you were born that you would be faced with this obstacle...I believe that he prepared your family for how to deal with it and where we could lean. I'm not so sure that I would have turned to God 20 years ago. I'm pretty sure that I would be mad at God, at you, at Harley Davidson, at the roads in Malone...the list goes on. Thank God I know better. I love you Johnny and I feel with all that I am that God has a plan and a purpose for all of this. Like my mother-in-law said, we may not know why for a long time but at some point, it will reveal itself. It's not our time, it's His.

Please continue to pray for Johnny. Don't think that your prayer isn't enough...it is! XO Jen


Your friend Scott Frost came to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment