Sunday, September 13, 2009

September 12, 2009

Johnny,

It's a yucky rainy Saturday...Jackie and I came to see you. We brought your picture frame. It was a little disappointing, I don't know if it was your meds or the time of day, but you weren't interested. Jackie put together a brag book and each picture is labeled so the therapist can work with you when we're not here and she'll know who's in the photos. She did a really good job. I wish you were awake enough to enjoy it.

I shaved you, cleaned your ears, teeth and nose (which you hate - as do I!) and I shampooed your hair. By the time I was done, you were completely out. Jackie and I turned you on your side, adjusted all your pillows and got you all comfy. We left after that, you were peacefully sleeping and we had to travel a ways to get home in the rain.




I was thinking, it makes me sad thinking about you sleeping through summer. I know how much you love being outside. It's almost bow season and I know your going to miss that too. I keep telling myself in the grand plan, one summer and winter isn't much to give up. You are making such good progress. I know this will all be a testimony of what God can do and it's always a blessing when God uses us....even if it doesn't feel like it at the time.

Johnny, Jackie misses you but she's settled in nicely. She's made a lot of friends at school. I take her to school in the mornings and pick her up in the afternoons. She helps me with dinner and she's got a nightly routine. The only things missing Johnny, is you. So, keep fighting - we'll be here cheering you on. One milestone at a time. XO Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment