Saturday, October 17, 2009

October 16, 2009

Johnny,

Oh Brother!
You have a fever of 101.5...talk about a bummer! You have to be infection free man! Can we not catch a break!! I am not too proud to beg!

They don't think you have the flu. That's a good thing! It's really bad already and so many kids have it. The schools have even shut down when they have too many absences, just to wipe down everything. Your jaw bone is puffy and red again, like it was at Parkland. The ENT doctor there said it was a salivary gland infection. An infection control doctor is going to come see you. Your lung xrays show to be clear. They did a sputum culture (that's on the stuff that comes from your trach) but no results yet. The doctor said with your type of injury, this will happen for sometime. One step forward and one step back. Mom says her emotions feel like a yo-yo. That's such a good description! I concur!

Mickey, Jackie and I came by to see you. I gave you a shave earlier...you look very handsome! It's really hard for Jackie to see you so we didn't stay very long. She did write you a little letter...

Daddy,

Hi Daddy! I love you so much! I heard that you spit at Aunt Jennifer and Cody. Not nice Daddy! I love you! You are the best thing that ever happened to me! I miss you at Aunt Jennifer's house! I love you! You are the best! It's like one step forward and two steps back! I miss you! I have everything that I've ever wanted, except you! Love you Daddy!
Jackie

Mom said that your baclofen trial is Monday at 8am. This is only if you are infection free! Please God, place you healing hands on Johnny...clear his body of whatever has infected him, as only you can do. Please, please join with me in praying for Johnny, he needs this trial.

Oh Johnny, how your family loves you! We're praying and we're not giving up! XO Jen





No comments:

Post a Comment