Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December 13, 2009

Johnny,

When Jackie and I walked in your room today, John and Aunt Maggie were there. It was really good to see them! Aunt Maggie fed you mac n' cheese and you did really well! She told you a joke and when she got to the punch line, your face changed. You started smiling and without sound, you laughed! Aunt Maggie and I both started tearing up. I keep praying for the day you come back...I know it's any time now! I know it is! After John and Aunt Maggie left, I fed you some pudding, the pink stuff, not sure what it's called but every time you eat that, you aspirate. And today was no different. I had to suction you and suction you and then dump the "junk" cup because it was all pink like it had blood. I didn't want them freakin out after we left thinking you had blood in your lungs...the things I do for you. I also told mom not to buy that stuff and she agreed. I checked your incision on your tummy and it does look a little infected but mom had put ointment and a bandage on it so I didn't mess with it. Your bottom looks pretty bad too but the nurses had treated it as well. They're keeping you propped on your side now so that has got to feel better. Oh, I also did your leg exercises. Jackie was amazed at how limber you are. Had a great visit Johnny! It's always so hard leaving you. I feel for all the patients there that have no visitors. I'm so sorry you have to be there but mom's working on the remodel and you'll be home soon! Love you, love you!! xo Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment