Sunday, August 15, 2010

Year 1 Week 18 : Oct 12 - 18

Johnny,

It's been a long time since I've posted something to your blog. I'd like to say it's because nothing new has happened but that's not the case, is it! It's true that God never gives more than we can handle and He knows what we can handle. I recommend not asking him what else can happen because it's been my experience that He will let you know! Well, you have been doing super! We are still so proud and amazed by your progress. You are one of the toughest, strongest people I know and I'm so proud to be your big sister! I use big as a term of older not larger although in our case, both are true! Ha!

You've heard the term when one door closes another door opens. Well, your at home therapy has come to an end. Insurance ... need I say more. But, you have a wonderful opportunity to participate in a live in rehab center. You will be getting 6 hours of therapy geared toward your specific needs. They are going to work hard on your speech and swallowing which means that you will be able to get the feeding tube removed ... as soon as you master the swallowing. You are going to your new home tomorrow, Wednesday Oct 13th. Mom will be taking you and Dad will be following behind with your mattress and shower chair and I'm sure a lot of other things. I'm not sure how long your stay will be there but it is a great opportunity for you to get over some of the plateaus your on.

While we all have our own mixed emotions about Johnny attending another rehab, we are all excited about the progresses we know he'll make. Please be in prayer for Johnny as he adjusts to his new surroundings and new therapists. Pray for my mom who checks on Johnny even when she knows he's not home ... letting go is going to be hard on her. Pray for the whole family as we travel to visit Johnny often. Pray for Jackie who has another change in her life. She is such a strong little girl and handles so much with such grace! Thanks for loving my brother enough to check in on him and for loving us too!

Love you Johnny!! XO Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment