Thursday, March 18, 2010

Week 39 : March 9 - March 15

Johnny,

I hate to repeat myself every week, but, what a great week you had! Your theracycle was finally delivered. It's like a stationary bike...used to exercise and strengthen your legs. You are riding it for 10 minutes at a time for about 2 MPH.


You also got your Dynavox this week. A Dynavox is a personal computer that does so much!!! It can be programed to turn the tv on and off, or the lights on and off. We can add your i-tunes and internet to it. Eventually we can add your facebook and you'll be able to communicate with your friends. Mom and Jackie are going to a training seminar to learn all about it.


Your occupational therapist came this week and did Sacral Cranial Therapy on you. I have no idea what that is... She puts her hands on your spine and it helps increase the spinal fluid flow. Your speech therapist evaluated you on Friday and said you were getting everything right - multiple choice, etc. You knew your age and the day of the week but you thought it was January 2007. Guess we'll have to work on that.

What a beautiful day the Lord blessed us with Saturday. Cody and I headed to the country to see you. Our plan was to spend a few days since it's spring break. I had mentioned to mom that I'd like to take you fishing so when I got there, she was ready to head to the lake. Mom, Cody, Jackie and I took you to Oak Park. They have a dock that we wheeled you out on. There wasn't much wind and the sunshine felt great. Cody sacrificed his sunglasses for you so you'd be more comfortible. You seemed to really enjoy yourself...although the fish were not biting. When we got back to the house, we watched a movie...Men in Black, the first one. I forgot how gross that movie is! Daylight saving time again. Spring forward. I wonder how the time change will effect you.




I blew some bubbles for you and told you to catch them. You had the best time trying to catch those bubbles.

Your playing Spider Solitare on your Dynavox....I think your cheating!!

So cute in your green taboggin!

Hang'in out with the guys.


***Saturday night Dennis the Menace capades***
I couldn't sleep and I knew mom would be up to turn you. She gets up every 3-4 hours - she does this to prevent bedsores...her track record is perfect! Anyway, I woke up at 12:30 and someone was in the bathroom. I thought it might be her so I checked on you. You were asleep and you had been turned. I came back and the light in the bathroom was off but the door to the room I was sleeping in was closed. I opened it and there was a body in my bed...Jackie's body. I got her back to the couch and went back to bed. Turns out mom got up at 12:00. So, at 3:30am same thing....I checked on you and you were asleep and turned. Mom had gotten up at 3:00am. Once again, at around 6:30am, I missed her by 30 minutes. By 8:00am, she was up for the day giving you morning meds. This is an everyday thing for her...and you. I had no idea how detailed her nights were.

Monday around 9:30am, Mom and Robert headed off on a much needed day-trip. I had you all to myself and you had a virus! I never changed someone so much in one day before! I don't think I sat down all day and by that evening my ankles and feet were swollen. I sure have an eye-opening appreciation for what mom does for you. God sure knew what He was doing when He blessed us with mom!!

Johnny, Every time I spend time with you I see miracles. I know your there and your on your way back to us. I trust that you can do it, that you want to do it. I'll continue to pray hard, you continue to work hard. I look forward to the day when you testify to the awesome miracles God has worked in you!!
Matthew 17:20
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
PRAY UNTIL!!! PRAY UNTIL!!! PRAY UNTIL!!!

Love you!! XO Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment