Sunday, March 6, 2011

We are in need of prayers!!

Johnny is not doing good at all! Mickey and I took Ty to see his uncle Johnny today and when we got there we were told that it wasn't a good idea having the baby there so Mickey waited while I visited and then we left. Johnny was sleeping and usually I can wake him up just by saying his name but today that didn't work. I shook him, patted his chest, raised his eye lids ... Nothing worked. I asked the nurse if he had been given anything for sleep and she said yes that he was given something for pain. I didnt think anything about it ... I said my goodbyes and left. Dad and Diana visited after we had left and Diana has medical experience, she noticed his co2 level was real high ... This means that he's not breathing deep enough to remove the carbon dioxide again. The scary thing is that Diana had to tell the nurse that she needed to check that. The doctor was called and he ordered Johnny to be put back on the ventilator. They suctioned a lot of yellowish junk from his throat. He's too weak to cough it out himself. We fear the pneumonia could be back. It looks like Johnny getting a trachea is not a matter of if but a matter of when. I saw Johnny today ... He looked worse than I've seen him in a while. I really feel like if Diana hadn't shown up when she did and took charge, Johnny would not make it through the night. He really needs your prayers. Giving a patient who just came off a ventilator and is working on increasing oxygen level a sedative or any type of drug that relaxes is not good. He was so relaxed that he wasn't producing enough oxygen to be woken up when I shook him. He could have eventually just stopped breathing. Pray that Johnny can find the strength to fight. Pray that he overcomes this round of illness. Pray for wisdom for the doctors and nurses who are taking care of my brother. Pray for peace in the decisions that my parents have to make regarding my brothers care. Pray for Jackie, it's so hard for her to see her daddy this way and watch him on the roller coaster he's been on for nearly two years now. Pray that God's will be done ... It's hard to even attempt to understand! I miss my brother! Thank you for being so dedicated to Johnny. Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment